GMC Sierra Owners Manual
OnStar OverviewOnStar / OnStar Overview
If equipped, this vehicle has a comprehensive, in-vehicle system that can connect to a live Advisor for Emergency, Security, Navigation, Connection, and Diagnostic Services.
The OnStar system status light is next to the OnStar buttons. If the status light is:
• Solid Green: System is ready.
• Flashing Green: On a call.
• Red: Indicates a problem.
Push or call 1-888-4-ONSTAR (1-888-466-7827) to speak to an Advisor.
• Give OnStar Hands-Free Calling voice commands.
• Give OnStar Turn-by-Turn Navigation voice commands.
Requires the available Directions and Connections service plan.
Push to connect to a live Advisor to:
• Get driving directions. Requires the available Directions and Connections service plan.
• Receive On-Demand Diagnostics for a check on the vehicle’s key operating systems.
• Receive Roadside Assistance.
Push to get a priority
• Get help for an emergency.
• Be a Good Samaritan or respond to an AMBER Alert.
• Get crisis assistance and evacuation routes.