GMC Sierra Owners Manual
Rear Seats (Extended Cab Full Bench)
Folding the Rear Seat
Notice: Folding a rear seat with the safety belts still fastened may cause damage to the seat or the safety belts. Always unbuckle the safety belts and return them to their normal stowed position before folding a rear seat.
To fold the seat:
1. Pull up on the front of the seat cushion while pulling down on the release strap under the seat cushion.
2. Pull the seat cushion up until it latches with the seatback.
3. Pull forward on the seat cushion to make sure it is locked in place.
To unfold the seat:
1. Push the seat cushion rearward while pulling the release strap under the seat cushion. Pull the seat cushion down until it latches.
2. Pull up on the seat cushion to make sure it is locked in place.
Make sure the safety belts are not twisted or caught in the seat cushion.
A safety belt that is improperly routed, not properly attached, or twisted will not provide the protection needed in a crash. The person wearing the belt could be seriously injured. After raising the rear seatback, always check to be sure that the safety belts are properly routed and attached, and are not twisted.